Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Bugging Or Hugging?



Your speech should always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer each person. Colossians 4:6

Have you ever been told by a family member or friend the lovely endearing words “stop bugging me” or “you’re blowing up my phone” and ouch, you may take a step back and say “did I do something to deserve that” and the answer would be quite simply be a hearty “no” as no one deserves verbal abuse. And I mean no one. 

Being ugly is never justified and hurtful words are like sharp daggers piercing your very soul. The old saying was “if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all” and that needs to be instilled in children from an early age. Bible teacher Joyce Meyer teaches on the danger of the tongue and the power of words a good deal and she says they are containers for power. 

Deep down if you know your words have wounded someone apologize to them. We all have bad days but taking our junk out on those in our path is not the route to take. If you have been hurt by someone and somehow they feel justified and never apologize then you can still choose to let it go and forgive. Be a hugger not a hurter. Hug others with your soothing words of encouragement and love. 

PRAYER: Father I choose to forgive any person in my past who has belittled me, shamed me, guilted me, trudged on me with hateful words and be a person who can shine your light to everyone in my path. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment