Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Being Misunderstood Or Accused


Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6

Words sure can get people into trouble. False testimony,lies, gossip, and on it goes. If you have never been misunderstood or accused then you are in a small minority. It hurts and it is hard to defend yourself. God always knows the truth that is what counts.

So how do you fix this problem? First stop trying to prove your innocence and just talk to God. Give Him the situation and the accusers. Think of the poor criminal who never committed the crime but ends up incarcerated and  maybe years later he is exonerated and set free. Thankfully assuming no one reading has had that issue but mouths can get all of us into a real pickle, as they say in the South.

Have your words hurt someone or have you been hurt? Are you able to mend fences so to speak before things go crazy? Relationships are worth the effort to save whether in families, marriages, or a friendship. Say you are sorry if you have to and let hurts, rejections, and misunderstandings go.

PRAYER: Lord I could kick myself when I say something that is misunderstood and then get stuck in a pit trying to defend myself. You are my defense and all I need. Help me choose my words wisely and think before I talk, text, chat, tweet, or write a letter. Give me self control and love for even those who find it hard to love and accept me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment