Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 18, 2019

Lost My Phone...Oh No!


Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Have you ever given much thought to how in today’s culture most people are glued to their mobile device? To go without  it causes major withdrawal. Misplace it and then the world really turns upside down. Thank goodness for ‘finders’ to help locate our devices but if you don’t have one then let the headache begin.

You do need your phone that is true so not faulting anyone but the point is this ‘freak out time’ when it is lost can be avoided by simply pausing, breathing, relaxing, and prayer. Take a break from your search and sit down and read the Bible and have prayer time. Thank the Lord for being blessed with a mobile device. Now I am going to sound like I came to America on the Mayflower, but my generation did not have their own phones and most households had one phone and sometimes shared the ‘line’ with neighbors and what is known as a party line. 

So life goes on when the device disappears. Think of things you can do for fun without your phone and do them. Put it away for a tech break sometimes and see if you have less stress. When you do use it there are many Bible apps you can download. One of my favorite is called Abide. Go and lose your phone on purpose sometimes and enjoy life beyond technology. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you that in you I have perfect peace. Thank you for having modern devices and I appreciate them but help me not let them get in the way of you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment