Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Finding Joy When You Don't Want To

 


Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.Psalm 126:5 NIV Bible Gateway

Okay so a few days ago my dear longtime Arizona friend Elaine lost her short battle to gall bladder and liver cancer after many were praying deep heartfelt prayers for a miracle. She didn’t want whamsy pamsy prayers as she put it but prayers of warriors. My heart breaks for her husband and sons she has a beautiful family and legacy. 

But does God want us to crawl into the fetal position and bemoan her passing mad He did not give that miracle healing? The answer is a resounding no absolutely not. She is healed in Heaven of course her loving spouse of nearly 50 years and her sons wanted her whole and living an active pain free life again. So did I. 

You have to move on from hurt, pain, and grief. It comes in stages but anger at God is not a stage. The Bible says “in all things give thanks” so does this mean for the untimely passing of a beloved friend? Yes I think it does. God knows the big picture and earth is only a temporary home for us and while here you are to serve and honor Him. It is never too late to get right with the Lord. 

PRAYER: When we all get to Heaven what a joy it will be. I know that Lord. I also know Satan tries hard to get grieving people down in the dumps. Lift the spirits of anyone grieving and give them happy remembrances. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 139:16 tells me a great deal about God's thought on life:
    "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete