Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Turn Down The Noise


This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Isaiah 30:15
I love the vacations I have been on where there is no TV in the room. Peace and quiet. Perhaps a babbling brook out the back door to add to the peace. Campers know what I mean. Peace, stillness, quiet. I was in a car dealer waiting room recently where four TV sets were blaring. I could not find a place to hide without screaming noise. 
In order to hear from God you have to turn off the noise and distractions. That is what is nice about retreats. Go to the woods and commune with God. It is difficult to hear God’s voice with the world screaming at you. You have to get alone and read your Bible and perhaps do some journaling. This is why I like DAWG days which stands for ‘Day Alone With God’. I go to a nearby state park in Alabama. 
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” Peace is a lovely word. Where do you go to get away from the world’s distracting ‘voices’?
PRAYER: Father I know I need to make quiet times and peaceful times intentional by scheduling them in my day. The enemy would love to keep me flustered and scattered. Guide me to a time of peace in order to get strengthened in my inner man. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment