Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Don’t Conform To This World


Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

The Almighty TV set beckons us daily. Watch me, watch me. The more you watch the more your opinions are shaped and not always for the good. When I grew up in the 50’s and early 60’s TV was a happy time, no networks trying to push agendas on their viewers. Also it was peaceful no murders and bedroom sex scenes to watch to fill your mind right before bed. I applaud friends I know who raise their children without this device even in their home. 

Our wonderful country is in a moral free fall yet many are desensitized to it even many so called ‘churches’. The truth is found in the word of God. It has to be opened, read, and applied to make any difference. Factions in our society have tried to make it illegal. Pretty powerful book when people go to extreme measures to give God the boot so to speak. 

Renewal of your mind starts the moment you choose to truly live for Christ and keep your mind saturated with the things of the Lord and not the world’s ways. Get a pocket Bible or download the app on your phone and read when you are in waiting rooms. Don’t just treat the Bible like some sort of magic charm. It is life giving and powerful. No go get renewed!! 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I don’t want to act like I am better than others or go around boasting of anything but of what you have done in my life. I pray for those people who need to start picking up the Bible daily and getting their hearts transformed. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment