Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Bible On The Table? Just Read It!!


Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation. 1 Peter 2:2
I write lots about reading your Bible not in the sense of checking off a block or even reading it through in a year but purely and simply getting into the word on a regular daily basis. My goodness you glean more from it’s pages than you do the morning newspaper. Which do you read first?
Seems like we humans can find plenty of excuses for why we don’t have time for it. It is our most important tool in the Christian toolbox yet for many it sits gathering dust on a bedside table. Are you serious about knowing God better? If so, you can’t expect to just put the Bible on your pillow and sleep on it and learn but you have to dig deeper daily and study. I know for me when I became born again I hungered for the word. 
You make time for what you want to do and not meaning to guilt anyone but if you aren’t reading the Bible daily then it must not be very important to you. Start with whatever day it is say today being the 6th and read the 6th chapter in both Psalms and Proverbs to start out. Pray for The Holy Spirit to open up what He wants you to learn. Now go grow in Christ and be blessed! 

PRAYER: I pray for all those who need to be closer to God to desire to read your word. I pray you will help me never neglect it either and get involved in less important things. Draw my family into your word as well. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment