Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 26, 2018

Warning: Curves Ahead!


When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
On interstate 65 near the exit to my town on both north and south bound lanes there are prominent signs warning drivers to slow to 65 because of a very bad curve.  Yet I still observe vehicles exceeding the speed limit. Recently I saw yet again the north bound guard rail smashed due to an accident. When will people learn? 
Your Bible is also a book of warnings that if you don’t heed them you can get totally off track and into a life God never intended. His commandments and teachings are not meant to bully you into submission but are a loving way to say “ if you do this then that won’t happen” but alas ever since the  days of creation mankind in his arrogance has seemingly known more than God. 
I have always heard there is a God shaped hole inside of every human who is born. It is what people choose to fill it up with that counts. Many may know they are doing things contrary to what God desires but yet keep on. The key is to stay in tune with God by reading and studying his word. Hide it in your heart if you will. You will soon see following the Lord makes the enemy very mad and God very glad. 
PRAYER: Father, daddy, I desire to please you just as I desire to please my earthly daddy. I thank you for forgiving me when I have turned my back on you. I pray for those I may know who don’t make time for you to be convicted of the truth. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Good message. We have road construction on the interstate that goes along the south and east edge of our city. Recently, there have been many accidents in the construction zone. One day, there were three of them in an eight hour period. You are correct that people don't listen.

    ReplyDelete