Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

My Stuff


"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But  store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”. Matthew 6:17-21

Our time on Earth many times is spent acquiring earthly possessions some necessary and some not so much. The continual need for ‘stuff’ results in packed attics, cluttered homes, crowded closets, and overflow in storage units. Ask yourself why are you keeping this ‘stuff’. Much of what we have is totally unnecessary. 
Hopefully when you get to a certain age you will begin  to realize it is time to downsize. I used to ask myself  “want or need” before a purchase and go from there. Many of us have way too many things in our own closets so that is a good starting point. 

When you are doing this project to purge, just think about how good it will feel to clean clutter out. Don’t be afraid to give away or throw away. The day you start your project,  pray and ask God for wisdom and strength to do what is needed for a clutter free life. 

PRAYER: I thank you for the blessing of earthly possessions but I never want them to own me or get to the point I am a cluttered mess. Help me Lord to see the need for organization in life and start from there. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment