Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Don’t Deny Me A Blessing


"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. Matthew 6:1
Have you ever attempted to be nice to someone by giving them an unexpected gift or shared something with them only either to have them not want to receive it or be apologetic?

Once I was on my lunch break from work at Fort Knox and eating with several co workers. I happened to comment on one persons huge bright red apple and he says “here take it” and I of course replied “I can’t”. He then says to me “if you don’t take it you will be denying me a blessing.” I have never forgotten that kind gesture which occurred in 1981.

Do you realize you can be a blessing to someone each and every day? A smile. An unexpected kindness. A positive word. A gift. Whatever it is God can and does use you to bless those around you. Go be blessed to be a blessing.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I am grateful the Holy Spirit shows me ways to bring a blessing to others. Help me not to ever toot my own horn because my blessing is in heaven. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Even holding a door open for someone is extending a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete