Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, April 27, 2018

Love Regardless

Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. Luke 29:31
I have been part of a small group at my church called Freedom and two principles we discussed were the Tree of Life versus the Tree of Good and Evil. When you have ugly less than kind Christ centered moments you are living in the Tree of Good and Evil. When you are forgiving, Christ centered, and loving you are in the Tree of Life. 
Human nature tends to lean towards the mean selfish side of wanting to be right and have your own way. If you deal with people like this whether in your family, at work, or in public try to remember to stay in the Tree of Life and turn the other cheek. When someone hurts you the Tree of good and evil side of you wants to strike back. Resist that urge and stay calm. 

How many squabbles could be avoided if you could stay peaceful through conflict and hurt? Why is it necessary to be right? Why is it necessary to get the final word? Be cool, calm, and collected and love and forgive. 

PRAYER: Father God I love you and I love your word and want to stay joyful and content even when I am being kicked under the table so to speak. Let your love shine through me to others and even to those who have wronged me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: You bring up good points. Something in our humanity makes us always want to be right and to ALWAYS have the last word. As we grow closer to the LORD, we learn that we don't need to always be right. I discovered that I learned something when I found out I was wrong about an idea.

    ReplyDelete