Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Free Thinkers


For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 1 Corinthians 1:19
I was blocked on Facebook by a college sorority sister years ago who was afraid her children would see my page and says she was teaching them to be ‘free thinkers’. What is that exactly? The absence of guidance by a parent maybe. I am not sure. But most of the time free thinking does not include God or Jesus.

Often times when a person becomes too intellectual they can find a way through science or philosophy to kick God under the bus. It breaks my heart as these are lost souls trying to find their own way through their own efforts.  Every one needs discipline and especially children need guidance to make the right choices in life. It is beyond me why some are so against God. Reminds me of the time of Jesus’ crucifixion when the crowds yelled ‘crucify Him’ and he had done nothing.

Perhaps you know free thinkers or maybe you know people just not too excited about Jesus. All you can do is pray and let Holy Spirit work.

PRAYER: Father so many need you but don’t know it. I pray for those I know who only have a head knowledge of you and seemingly want nothing more. I ask that you take captive wrong thinking in those I know. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment