Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

There It Goes!


Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. Ecclesiastes  5:2

Oh no I did it again. Spoke or emailed without thinking. Geez why is it so hard to just think before the mouth pops open? So much turmoil could be avoided if the mouth could be controlled. Do you find that to be true?

Gossip, meddling, anger, words hastily spoken but not thought out. The list goes on. James chapter 3 mentions the tongue saying no man can tame it. A friend of mine has mentioned the 24 hour rule if only we could implement it. In the movie ‘I Can Only Imagine’ the actor portraying singer Bart Millard was impatient in knowing what the Nashville Record labels thought of he and his band Mercy Me so did not allow his manager to do his job and burst onto the scene saying “I want to know what they think” which all of us know was a huge mistake. (Go see this movie.)

Do you have trouble waiting and often end up saying stuff you regret? Ask God to help you control the impulse to speak and be patient. You and those around you will be better off for it. Trust me.

PRAYER: I want so badly to get an 'A' in the area of waiting and not saying stuff I shouldn’t but it is a work in progress. Give me self control over this Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I have learned that there are times when I am not supposed to say anything about a situation-mine or another's. But it took maturing in Christ to understand this.

    ReplyDelete