Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Don’t Stay In Vegas!! Run.


But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out. Numbers 32:23

There is a familiar saying “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” but alas my friend that is sorely an untruth. Guilt, shame, and a host of problems follow those who sneak around and commit sin knowingly.

As today’s verse indicates there is not a way of hiding from your sin. Sooner or later it will catch up to you. If you feel yourself slipping towards doing something you know you will regret later, change your environment and run as hard and fast away from the temptation. Many sins have consequences for years and some far beyond just the mental challenges.

So it is your choice. Stay away from places or people  you know will cause you to stumble. And stumble you will and take many down with you in the process. Don’t do it. Run.

PRAYER: I am indeed thankful for that little voice inside my head called out conscience which is the Holy Spirit speaking to me. I choose to listen to it and I choose to not put myself in places where I know my spirit will be compromised whether it is Vegas, a bad movie, wrong TV habits, and a host of other things. I choose purity and honesty. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment