Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hoity-Toity About Sin



When the people kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

Have you ever caught yourself being snobbish or self righteous when it comes to sin? I am not ashamed to say I have. It is easy to start thinking you are better than others because you don’t do such and such or do this or that. That is a very wrong attitude to possess. Be honest with yourself and examine your heart to see if thoughts like that ever enter in. This could even transfer over to your thinking your church or denomination is the only way to Heaven. Ouch.

Today’s verse is from the familiar account of the woman caught in the act of adultery where onlookers were prepared to stone her to death. Jesus utters these word in the verse above, “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” and obviously none of us without sin. If you say you are then you just told a lie. Another ouch.

Pray and ask God to help you not be a spiritual snob. It is easy to slip into that mode if you don’t watch out and believe me Satan is jumping in his little red boots when you get like that as you are easily lead to think more highly of yourself than others. Watch out and keep yourself from thinking you are better than others. Pray for those you don’t agree with or have problems with and learn to let things go.

PRAYER: I do not want to be a spiritual snob thinking I am without fault and have all the answers. It is only with your help Lord that I live and move and exist. I thank you for using me in the lives of those I come in contact with. Help me not blow it by being a snob.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment