Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Don’t Get Too Comfortable Down Here


For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. Hebrews 13:14
There is an old gospel song that says something like “This world is not my home I’m just a passing through, my treasure is all laid up somewhere beyond the blue.” Think about that for a moment. Do you treat Earth like this is your final destination? Did you know if you name the of Christ you are simply a traveler passing through it while here serving in the very important capacity of a ‘ambassador’. 
There is far more greater and better things awaiting those who have given their life to Christ. You think Niagara Falls and The Grand Canyon are something! You have not seen anything yet. Scripture tells us we can not even begin to imagine what it will be like. (1 Corinthians 2:9) 
So enjoy life down here and the days the Lord blesses you with but don’t get too attached that you dread leaving. The thing is make sure you know beyond a shadow of a doubt where your eternal destination will be. Live for Jesus and give him your heart today. 
PRAYER: Father I thank you for creating this beautiful planet we call home. Everything is gorgeous but I await my final home in Your Heavenly kingdom someday. Help me to lead others there. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Since January 5th of this year, I know of several families who have lost a family member. This thought of "this world is not our home" has resonated in my heart when I hear of each person's admission to heaven. Blessings and peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete