Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pick Up A Shovel, Dig A Hole

"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”Deuteronomy 31:8
My title were words spoken by actor Matt Damon as Benjamin Mee in the 2011 Hollywood movie 'We Bought A Zoo' and I thought it would make a fantastic title. In this scene Damon's character was frustrated with his teenage son played by actor Colin Ford, who was moping around about not liking where they lived and blaming his dad for hating him. Mee's wife had passed away. 
Often times when things do get you down you do sort of need to get hopping and do something to get out of your slump. Move on in other words. Moping never solved anything. Believe me I know. 
Whatever it is you are going through know God has not abandoned you and loves you. Sometimes it is necessary to force yourself to get out, get up, and get going. Once you do eventually you feel better. 
PRAYER: Thank you Lord for seeing me through the good times and the not so good times. I know you love me and I love you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment