Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Finish Line


Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
I have enjoyed running some 48 years now. I also like to compete in an occasional 5k. One thing I do is focus ahead on the finish line and not look back. When you look back you get distracted. Keep looking ahead and run hard and with a purpose.
The same is true in life.It is like a race where we have hurdles to jump, obstacles in our path, stuff that slows us down but press on to get to the finish line. The finish line for a believer is Heaven.
My hearts aches and breaks for those who don't believe and just live life like this is it.  If you know anyone like that try to share Christ with them. Pray for opportunities for open doors.
PRAYER: I thank you for moments in life where you may give me chance encounters to speak the truth in love. When this happens give me Holy boldness and take away any fear. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment