Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Spot Free


For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 1 Peter 1:18-19

When a person begins to age, all of a sudden these spots sort of just appear overnight on your arms, legs, face, hands, chest. I say "Hey how did this happen". Beauty companies do a whopping amount of business on women trying to be spot free. Who wants to look old right?

Anyway age spots are a part of the maturation process. There may be those people who don't get as many. They are nothing to freak out about. Another type of being spot-free is the spotless lamb of God, Jesus, who took away the sins of the world. He is perfect without blemish. He sacrificed His life on the cross so we might have life. He took the weight of your sin and mine, past, present, and future.

Part of being spot free is trying to lead a Holy and blameless life. We know only Jesus was without sin even though tempted, but we who follow after Him are to try to walk as He walked and to keep ourselves pure unstained from the world around us.

 PRAYER: Each day as I awake help me to use the best spot lifter ever and that is the word of God. I know when I strengthen myself with scripture I am better able to cope with situations that come my way. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment