Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Stop Imagining Things That Are Not True


Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2 Corinthians 10:5


I refer to the enemy allot almost to the point I sometimes remind myself of the late comedian Flip Wilson saying "The devil made me do it" but in fact Satan, aka the devil,  is real and not a laughing matter and evil can seep into your heart if you allow it. Take for instance when you think someone is thinking something they are not and end up saying something and cause a big misunderstanding.

It is necessary to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. When you catch yourself thinking things about something or someone and wondering if they don't like you or are talking about you there is no merit for that. Stop then and there and cast that wrong thinking down and say out loud "Get behind me Satan. You will not cause me to think wrong thoughts." Jumping to conclusions is a dangerous past time and can create much havoc in your life if you don't get it under control of the Holy Spirit.

When a wrong thought crops up counter act it with a positive thought or a scripture. Better yet choose to purposely 'not go there' in the first place and keep your mind on good things that build up.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know when I have wrong thinking it is not from you. Help me to train my mind with your help to cast away wrong thoughts. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment