Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

32 Days Of Thanks Till Christmas


            Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love          endures forever! 1 Chronicles 16:34

Today in America families gather round to celebrate Thanksgiving. This marks the time also where many are simply counting down the shopping days until Christmas. I say why not make this Thanksgiving a day for thanks  for the next 32 days. A friend gave me this devotion idea. What a novel way to celebrate this season of Christ's birth with being thankful.

So today while you are dining and undoubtedly eating way too much, stop for a moment and think about what you are thankful for. A warm home, running water, clothes, family, friends, good health. Try to maybe write down something each day until Christmas. Maybe you will want to continue even longer.

Three years ago I started a blessing jar and get a new one each year and on a slip of paper at end of day write down one good thing that happened that day. This keeps you focused on good stuff. It is easy to be negative so why not try being grateful not just on Thanksgiving but every single day of the year.

PRAYER: Thanks for the blessings in my life which are many. Christmas is just around the corner but I choose to stay focused not only on this special time but also on the many areas I have to give thanks for. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, I like the idea of a Blessings Jar. I think I will try to start one for me and a few of my friends as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure where I originally got the idea. You can get the jars at Wal Mart. Originally I got mine at Target but Christians are supposed to be boycotting them right now.

    ReplyDelete