Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 22, 2013

LESS SAID THE BETTER


Have you ever heard the phrase 'the less said the better?' Many times
that is so very true. Also the phrase 'leave well enough alone' or
'don't add fuel to the fire' ? Very wise advice. The last few days we
have been dealing with words that wound or words that build up, or
spoken on impulse. Thinking before speaking is a very important thing
to do.

Words should build up not tear into someone. If you claim to be a
believer then it is critical you learn to gain control of the tongue.
Take a moment and review James chapter 3. In Matthew 12:36-37(NKJV) we
are warned about what happens if we say bad things. It says 'But I
tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give
an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you
will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.'

Do you have a problem with careless words? Don't you feel your speech
should bring glory to the Lord? The mouth can be deadly or it can be
life giving. It is how you choose to use it. Granted none of us are
perfect but if we strive to be holy in all areas of life and live like
Jesus then we need to get a grip on this.

'But what if someone says something ugly to me' you might proclaim.
That still gives you no right to be harsh back. Remember the verse
found in Romans 12:17(NIV) which says 'do not repay evil for evil. Be
careful to do right in the eyes of everybody.' If you are angry try
to make peace. There is a verse found in Ephesians 4:26( NLT) which
says 'And don’t sin by letting anger control you.Don’t let the sun go
down while you are still angry.'

'But wait' you might say. 'The person really hurt me so I feel I have
the right to get back.' So what, in fact ,would Jesus do? I think you
know the answer.

Your mission, and I hope you accept it wholeheartedly, is to seek to
only let kind, pure, edifying words come forth from your mouth. Stay
in the word of God and it makes it a bit easier.

PRAYER: Thank you for loving me Lord and for forgiving me when I say
things I should not. I choose to be holy in all areas of my life but I
need your help to do it. Thanks for putting loving friends and family
in my life. Help me be careful to never hurt them with words. In
Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. These scriptures point out what we should do when we are faced with harsh words from someone else. But we are human; I needed this reminder.

    ReplyDelete