Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

HEART CHECKUP


How is your heart? I am not speaking of your physical heart, but how
is your spiritual heart? Is it turned onto things of the spirit of God
or is it cold, hard hearted, and deceitful?

The Bible says in Proverbs 4:23( NIV) 'above all else guard your
heart, for out of it flow the issues of life.' Further in Matthew
6:20-21(NIV) says 'But store up for it yourselves treasures in heaven
where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break
through and steal. For where your treasure is there will your heart be
also.' Now that verse makes lots of sense. If you are in love, your
heart is "sold out" to your beloved. You want to be with them and want
to do nice things for them. In a similar way, a heart "sold out" to
Jesus can not get enough of His word or praising Him. A person who has
a heart for God wants to spend time with Him and please Him.

Do you need a heart check up? Is your heart growing cold and hard
towards things of the spirit? Would you rather spend more time doing
worldly things than spend time with God? Have you given your heart to
Jesus? Does He live within your heart? Sin can cause a heart to be
hardened and separated from God.

Jeremiah 17:9-10(NIV) says 'The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I the Lord search the heart
and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their
conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.' What does God find
out about you from your heart? Is it storing up anger, revenge, hate,
bitterness, jealousy, or is it filled with peace, joy, mercy and
forgiveness?

If you do not know and you want Jesus to come live in your heart just
say this simple prayer that follows. Lord Jesus I love you. Forgive me
Lord for my sins. I want to live a life pleasing to you and serve
you. Come into my heart Lord Jesus and transform my cold hard heart
into one conformed to your image.

Let me close with a great Bible verse about the heart from Psalm
51:10(NIV) and it could also be a prayer. It says 'Create in me a
clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me.' Ask God and
He will come into your heart.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want you to be in my heart. I do not want to live
a life to make Satan happy but I want to make you happy. Search me oh
God and cleanse me from any unrighteousness in my life. In Jesus'
name. Amen.

Click link below for a wonderful song to go along with this writing.
http://youtu.be/KjifPOBLowk

1 comment: