Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 25, 2013

JUST BE NICE, OK?


Things happen in life and often times we are hurt or something happens
and people refuse to forgive us. Hate and bitterness can build up and
a wall is built that can never be penetrated. Forgiveness is what
Jesus wants. He does not want people hating each other, avoiding each
other, and refusing to talk. That, my friend, would be Satan's goal, to
have hate and unforgiveness and division continue. God is all for
peace, love, joy, restoration, and forgiveness.

Take a look for a moment at the scripture found in Ephesians
4:31-32(NIV) which says 'Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and
anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind
and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as God n
Christ Jesus forgave you.' Does it "speak" to you? Basically it is
saying to me that I need to give up my "right" to hold a grudge and
let hurt boil into anger.

It is the enemy, Satan, who causes turmoil, division, and mental
torture. Those are not from God. God's way is peace and reconciliation.
If you have done all you can with some people to work things out and
in your own mind you have forgiven them, then you have to move on and
"shake the dust from your feet" (See Matthew 10:14).

If the conflict happens to be in marriage between husband and wife,
obviously counseling is in order since God wants families to heal
and be made whole. If you are reading this and have been in a divorce
God does provide forgiveness and second chances. I am not here to condemn you.

What are some things you would find hard to forgive? Guess what? God
wants you to forgive. Matthew 18:21-22(NIV) says 'Then Peter came to
Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or
sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”Jesus answered, “I tell
you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.' It does not say
forgive this but not that. It just says FORGIVE. Gods forgives us and
sometimes we certainly don't deserve it.

So now, go into your day, shining the light of Jesus' and being kind
to others, strangers included. God loves you and He wants you to love
people "through Him". Go now, be nice!

PRAYER: This is the day Lord you have made. I rejoice and thank you for
another day of life. Help me use this day to be kind and show me who I
need to forgive . I choose to let go of hurt and pain and live for you
Lord. Use me in your kingdom. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click on link and praise God in song.
http://youtu.be/DtmA3ji8RkY

No comments:

Post a Comment