Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

CAPS AND CATS



My title has nothing to do really with either cats or caps except that
that a few weeks ago I found myself needing to practice what I preach
because I was missing a favorite winter cap and our outdoor cat went
missing. Well hallelujah, both were found a couple days later. This
gave me an idea for a title which might be eye catching in order to
maybe once again drive home the point of worry.

People seem to get attached to their "stuff". Why is our "stuff" so
important? What makes us stress out when we misplace things? Wouldn't
it be better to practice peace and realizing all the fretting and
worry is achieving nothing at all? Does worrying bring your lost set
of car keys back any sooner or your lost debit card? Of course not. So
what is the cure for this constant worry?

Matthew 6:27(NIV) says 'Which of you by worrying can add a single hour
to his life?' The answer? None of us! Verse 28 continues by saying
'And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field
grow? They do not labor or spin.' Verse 30 says 'If that is how God
clothes the grass of the field, which is here today then thrown into
the fire,will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?'

The most important thing to do is to pray and let it go. It does take
practice because it is hard sometimes to "discipline" your mind to
stop thinking about something. That key word is "discipline". And how
do we "discipline" our mind? The answer is by keeping your mind on
things "above" and the best way to do this is to stay in God's word,
the Bible.

Colossians 3:15(NIV) says 'Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart
and be thankful.' Get your mind off your problem, pray, and trust
God.

PRAYER: I wish I could stop worrying Lord. I know you are watching
over me and I realize fretting and worry does nothing more than keeps
my mind from peace and thoughts of you Lord. Lord with your help I
choose to cast my cares and concerns on you and to worry less. In
Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment