Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ARE YOU LISTENING?


No I am not writing about the old Verizon spokesman whose famous line
was 'Can you hear me now' but I am wanting to know do you
listen,really listen to those around you? I would have to say I do
not always do such a good job of it having been blamed in college for
being spacey. But listening and showing you care are very important,
especially for the believer. If this is an area you are weak in it is
important to learn to focus and not let the distractions around you
cause you to not tune in to the person talking to you.

I have great news. I know someone who always listens and always cares!
His name is Jesus! Jeremiah 33:3(NIV) says 'Call to me and I will
answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things that you not
know.' God wants us to listen to Him and He listens to us when we
pray.

Proverbs 4:10(NIV) says 'Listen my son,accept what I say, and the
years of your life will be many.' In other words you "listen" to Him
by reading His word, the Bible, and He "speaks" to you through it's
pages. In Proverbs 1:8(NIV) we are told 'Listen, my son to your
father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.' Why
do you suppose that is? Maybe it is because their rules and things are
for your own good but when you rebel and go your own way you suffer
the consequences. Proverbs 19:27(NIV) says 'Stop listening to
instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge.'

When you listen to wrong voices you may take the wrong path that will
lead to trouble and heartache. Staying in God's word and learning what
it says within it's pages will guide you and help you to discern wrong
from right, evil from good. Do the right thing. Listen to God!

PRAYER: Lord God I thank you for the words in the Bible that are my
guide. Help me be alert to the still small voice and tune out
distractions that may keep me from you Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment