Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PROBLEMS OR PROMISES?


What are you thinking on? Are you worried about your health, your job,
your finances ? Why not start meditating on God's word and REALLY
trusting Him and do not let Satan capture your thought life. Bad
thoughts, fear, worry all come from the enemy.

Remember in John 14:27(NIV) it says 'Peace I leave with you; my peace
I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your
hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.' Does being scared or worried
do one bit of good? The answer of course is NO. So why can't we let go
and let God? Does your worry change the situation? Once again the
answer of course is NO.

Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV) is one of my absolute favorite scriptures and it
says 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own
understanding and in all your ways submit to Him and He will make
your paths straight.' There is that word "Trust".

Psalm 119:165(NIV) says 'Great peace have they who love your law, and
nothing can make them stumble.' The law meaning the Bible. This is
why it is so important to keep the word of God an essential part of
every day life. The world has enough junk to throw at us to frighten
us. Tune out the bad stuff. For instance turn off the news if it makes
your fearful. Put on some Christian praise music which helps to lift
your burdens. This is why I often attach an appropriate worship song
to my devotions.

Refuse to allow the enemy, Satan,to put worry and fear in your head.
Cast off works of darkness and let Jesus' light shine out. When you
are praising Jesus it is often very hard to worry.

So which is it going to be? Will you mediate on God's promises or will
you cave in to doubt, fear and your problems?

PRAYER: Lord I love the word of God. I know if I make an effort each
day to not forget to get in to the word I will have lots less worry
weighing me down. Help me resist the enemies attacks on my thought
life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click on link below for a wonderful song to add to this devotion.
http://youtu.be/XkljgA5SQc8

No comments:

Post a Comment