Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 14, 2012

HE DIED SO YOU COULD FORGET HIM! NOT!!

How much thought to you give to being a Christian and living for Jesus each day? Does it even cross your mind or do you wait till that one golden hour on Sunday to crack out the Bible and head for your place of worship? Do you even care about Jesus and what he did for you? Do you simply coast through your day to day life without thanking God for all the blessings he has bestowed in your life? If you are blessed to live in the United States do you take your First Amendment rights of Freedom of Religion for granted? Do you think of Jesus only in time of a tragedy such as during 911? Do you treat others like Christ would treat them? Really?

There was a small book 'My Heart, Christs' Home' by Robert Boyd Munger which I saw several years ago about meeting with Jesus in the various rooms of your home. It said if He visited you in your family room, and He is there with you, would you have to put away certain reading material and get the Bible out instead. Would you maybe have to turn the TV channel before He came in the room? Or perhaps put different clothes on? This little book went through each and  every room with similar illustrations. This book makes a good point and that is that the Lord is with you and loves you whether you give Him the time of day or not.

 How easy it is to flip on the television and zone out but make little or no time in your day for God. Look what Jesus did for you! He died so you might live! He paid the ultimate sacrifice. He does not demand you love Him but it says in Matthew 11:28 "Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." He loves you even when totally ignore Him or forget to thank Him for all the blessings in your life. He loves you despite the fact the only prayer you may utter is "Thank you for my food.Amen". If you treated your spouse the way some people treat our Lord and saviour your marriage may not last long. To know Him you need to spend time with Him.

What is stopping you from wanting to be closer to the Lord?

PRAYER: Father forgive me when I have given you little if any time during my busy days. Forgive me for simply checking off my obligation to attend church then living like I want to the rest of the week. Forgive me for not thanking you for all the wonderful things you have done for me. Forgive me for taking my Bible for granted as evil forces always would like to make it illegal. Lord I love you and thank you for what you have done for me. In Jesus name.Amen.

 Click on link for a song of worship and praise.
http://youtu.be/Aq8P5i9U7-g

No comments:

Post a Comment