Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

DON'T WILT

A few days ago there were a couple tomato plants at my home we intended to plant in the garden but we forgot and they looked nearly dead.  They had been totally forgotten and had received no water. Basically they looked pretty far gone. This was seemingly a waste of money to now see them shriveled up and wilting. I immediately dug a couple of  holes in the garden and popped them in the ground giving them a big 'drink of life giving water' . A couple hours went by and they had sprung back to life!! It made me think of how water sustains life in both humans, animals and plants and also how the word of God sustains Christians. The Bible will only keep you from 'wilting' if you actually read it and apply it though. If you go too long without studying God's word, the Bible, you too will get spiritually 'wilted'. You need the 'nourishment' of God's or in other words you need to 'feed' or better yet 'feast' on the word of God. Only through knowledge of the Bible do we know the truth and are able to combat the lies and deception of Satan.   How about you? Are you wilted and almost dead or thriving each day for The kingdom of God? Be honest with yourself. I am not asking if go to church, are a member of a church or are baptized, but do you love Jesus enough to want to get to know him better and seek him daily and not as an afterthought when you fall into bed after giving maybe three to four hours that evening to meaningless television? Being 'religious' does not mean you love and serve Jesus. As a matter of fact sometimes it is a hindrance.    John 15:1-7 says “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you.No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."  Why not start today making sure nothing else squeezes getting to know Jesus through his word out of your day. You do not want to be wilted do you?  PRAYER: We are so blessed in America to have freedom to worship God openly and read our Bible openly yet many do not even pick it up except maybe on Sunday. Many people live in countries where the Bible can get your killed or arrested. We have it so good yet we ignore you and your word except if in crisis.Lord forgive us for being complacent and and not reading the Bible  which we are blessed to own. In Jesus name Amen.   Click on link and be blessed by a song of worship: http://youtu.be/RNkwbEwA-DY

No comments:

Post a Comment