Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 7, 2012

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME




This is a very familiar verse to many and ranks up there as one of my all time favorites. It has special meaning to me. This is found in Philippians 4:13. When I have had  trouble getting through certain things I claim this verse. 28 years ago in June this was the verse I used as my 'focal point' in the birthing room at Lyster Army Hospital at Ft Rucker, Alabama when I was getting prepared to have precious baby number two. Without drugs to kill pain, I would look at this verse, which I had copied and hung up on the wall, and  would sometimes scream out "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!"  But then I would also scream out, "Drugs, I want drugs" as the pain of natural childbirth was so intense. My husband, not in pain,would say "Read your verse" and I did. The nurses would say "you don't want your baby to be sleepy do you?" So on I marched like a good little trooper claiming this verse and it indeed did help.Seems comical now but I knew God would see my through the pain of childbirth. He can see you through any thing you have to deal with too.

 Whatever it is in life you are going through, Christ can help get you to the other side of the difficulty. There is always light at the end of the tunnel or a rainbow on the horizon. Do not get discouraged because God will be your comfort, strength and deliverer.
In 2 Chronicles 20:12 it says "Oh our God will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast Army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do but our eyes are upon you."  Do you ever feel like that where in desperation you just do not see how things will possibly get better? Some, sad to say, take their own lives,when they feel there is no way out. There is a way out and His name is Jesus.

Psalm 25:15 says "My eyes are ever on the Lord for only he will release my feet from the snare." What is bothering you today or weighing you down? Do you feel God can not possibly love you for what you have done in the past? The good news is God does love you and can set you free and forget your sins and remember them no more. He can give you a life of victory. Maybe after you have emerged from your struggle you can be instrumental in helping others get freedom!


Psalm 103:15 tells us "As far as the East is from the West ,so far has He removed our transgressions from us". Isn't that great news! Go now and walk in victory and God's strength to see you through.

PRAYER: Lord I know no matter what I am going through you ate there to carry me over the hump. When friends run out and don't care you always care. Thank you for freedom in Christ. In Jesus name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment