Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DON'T BREAK GOD'S HEART



Do you break God's heart?  Do you continually practice sin and ignore Him and His word? Are you ashamed of Him? If Jesus were to walk in where you are right now would you have to stop what you are doing so as not to be embarrassed? Something to think about isn't it?

I just finished reading a book by Dr. David Jeremiah entitled 'Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World' and on page 228 he has a prayer that goes a follows: "Lord help me to live my life from this moment onward in such a way that I never do anything to hurt You or to break Your heart. Not after what You have done for me."  And oh what He did for us,  experiencing a cruel and painful death on a cross so that we might be saved and he took the punishment for our sins past, present, and future.

In our Moms in Prayer group we sometimes pray for our children the following prayer: "Lord break their heart by what breaks your heart."   When praying we believe God hears and will honor that prayer and we do not lose hope even though we may not see a change or get an answer right away.

Are you doing something that breaks God's heart? If so confess and repent and turn away from the sin that separates you from Him. 1 John 1:9 tells us that "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and will cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  Now go and do the right thing.

PRAYER: Father in heaven I am sorry when I have done things I know displease you. Forgive me when I put other things before you. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link and listen to an awesome praise song:
http://youtu.be/PzIgOG8lKYY

No comments:

Post a Comment