Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

CHANGE OF PLANS





This past Friday was something else. First I was about hit head on driving Highway 53 coming into Huntsville. Next I stopped for gas at Kroger and my  car would not restart. A kind gentleman tried to jump it with his jumper cables to no avail. So I waited for my insurance company tow truck service and purposed in my heart to get away from the bad attitude that was swiftly coming upon me.

 What could I do in the midst of this 'plan changer' to show Jesus' love there at the gas pump while waiting for a tow? Be kind and smile for one. At first all I wanted to do is cry. Next, try to  relax. I happened to have some fresh picked strawberries from my farm and since I apparently  could not give them to the person they were intended for since I was now 'stuck' , I decided to bless the female gas station attendant. Who knows, maybe she was having a crummy day and needed that. My attitude  stunk at first. I got mad at the driver who almost ran into me then got upset over my dilemma at the gas pump. So I had a decision.  I chose to let go and let God. In other words to 'Practice what I preach'  and so I did. It sure makes you feel better to remain joyful and not get mad at something you have no control over.

What do you do when life throws you a curve ball? All the best plans in the world are made then am unexpected illness comes, death, job loss, mechanical problem or something else happens. The day this occurred to me was the first anniversary of the killer F5 tornadoes in our area and my thoughts drifted to those people whose lives were totally in chaos that day one year ago. Their homes were gone, possessions destroyed or scattered who knows where and worse yet, many lost their lives.They had a 'new kind of normal' so the saying goes.You can choose to rant and rave and get your blood pressure up or you can choose to say "Lord I want to remain peaceful and let Jesus Love shine through me to those I come in contact with."

Jeremiah 29:11 speaks of plans when it says "For I know the plans   I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper   you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". When it comes to not going crazy when things do not go as planned and choosing to pursue peace instead the Bible says in Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You". So in other words, trying to purposely not think bad thoughts or "woe is me" thoughts, or "why did this happen" thoughts is the best way to handle this.

Are you able to do this? Everyone has things happen that take us off guard and send life into a a tailspin. It is how we handle them that counts. Choose to look to Jesus for your strength. If you are in a situation similar to mine the other day or worse, say out loud from  Phillipians  4:13 "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength". Yes you can do all things through Christ. Believe it and have a good day!!

PRAYER: Lord help me when trouble comes my way to not act like the rest of the world and pitch a fit but to trust you to see me through my problem. Help me remember when others are watching if I name the name of Jesus I am a witness for you. I want to represent you in a positive light and show peace in the midst of chaos .In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link below and worship the Lord in song.
http://youtu.be/31FuepQj-eo

No comments:

Post a Comment