Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HELP ME LORD I CAN NOT SHUT MY MOUTH




In the book of James, Chapter 3, it says "no man can tame the tongue" and how true that is. Our mouth and our brain sometimes need to try to work together harder so we stop saying things we will regret later or say something that hurts or causes a misunderstanding. This chapter in James is worth sitting down and reading. It has so much wisdom. If only we could think before we speak of how what we are about to say will affect the hearer and so much less would remain unsaid. So many times we can become impulsive or overreact and wish about fifteen minutes later that we had not spoken. This happens over email as well. You react to something and then it is too late. You only pray the recipient is a merciful kind person and understands people make errors in judgement. I am thankful for forgiveness cause I have sure needed it many times, how about you?

In the Navy they had a saying 'loose lips sink ships' which can apply military wide when a servicemember discloses things to civilians or even others in the military who did not have a 'need to know' and caused great havoc. Be careful what you say and who you say it to. Be the kind of friend that can be trusted with a secret. But do not let these 'secrets' be in the form of gossip as God frowns upon that too. When you speak try to do it with grace and wisdom. You know the saying "If you can not say something good don't say anything at all?" Well how true that is isn't it? If we are quick with our mouth we can ruin and mess up alot of things and end up apologizing all over ourselves for our stupidity and lack of thinking.

Also be careful to not use your mouth for profanity or taking the Lord's name in vain. Your tongue should be a source of good and not evil. What comes out of it should build up not tear down. It should praise others and not belittle them.

Colossians 4:6 says "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."  Ephesians 4:29 says "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Do not think you always have to get your opinion in or you may regret it later.

Start today to let your speech reflect the glory of God and really try to think about what you are saying before it pops out of your mouth then you will have allot less stress in your life.

Psalm 19:4 says "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."


PRAYER: Father often times I am hasty with my words without thinking and I need your help to overcome this Lord. Also Lord if I ever say anything unkind about a person forgive me for I am not the judge and am supposed to show love. Give me control over my tongue and help anyone I have hurt forgive me and help me forgive those who have uttered things without thinking and hurt me. In Jesus Name. Amen.


Click on link to worship the Lord in song.
http://youtu.be/ljowbtyAWFE

No comments:

Post a Comment