Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

YOUR ACTIONS TELL WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART

What do you love to do? What are you passionate about? How do your treat people?  Usually what is in your heart is what comes out in your actions and speech. Luke 12:34 says "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." You spend time doing what you love and you hang out with those who mean the most to you. Obviously if married, that should include your spouse and if engaged your fiancee. For friends it should be your special friends. You treat others the way you want to be treated. Luke 6:31 says "Do to others as you would have them do to you."  The Golden Rule of sorts.

Galatians 6:7-9 says "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." So being nice to people in a sincere way has its' rewards.

Who hasn't been to a sporting event in an arena where the crowds get excited and do 'the wave' in a circle through the crowd. You are so excited to be at a game or event and screaming and cheering. Do we get that excited about the people  in our lives? How about Jesus? Are you excited about Him? Do your actions show it or can you hardly wait til that one hour on Sunday is over so you  can assume your other role in life of 'secular human being' who occupies space wherever you go?

When you have the chance would you rather read the daily newspaper or get into God's word and learn some truths? The Bible can build you up and spiritually train you but the daily paper is only full of things to cause anxiety and worry in most cases and what does it matter in the end anyway? Getting to know God, for a Christian, should be where your heart is. If it is not you can ask God to put that hunger for Him in your heart. Don't just be a 1 hour a week Christian. Saturate your life  with the things of Christ that will cause you to let go of the cares of this world and stay focused on Him.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want my heart to be totally yours. I do not want to be driven and controlled by situations in the world around me but I want to be equipped and prepared to face each and every day. I know I can do that if I stay in prayer and the word of God. Help me each day to make you the 'first love of my life' by starting the day reading your word and praying .Forgive me when I have gotten so busy I completely shut you out of my day. Help me not be a Sunday Christian. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Included in the link below is an awesome praise and worship song by Christian artist Jeff Deyo. Click on link and get ready to worship the Lord. Be blessed.

http://youtu.be/6Jo3y_XoHHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment