Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

THY KINGDOM COME

When you say the Lord's prayer do you ever give much thought to the part when you say "thy kingdom come, thy will be done?"  At times when you are enduring junk in your life you probably wish the kingdom would hurry up and come.

The kingdom is what we are waiting for when Jesus returns to take us to be in glory. We should try to have that kingdom here on the earth. So much corruption is occurring on earth today if we do not turn back to God and obey his laws as found in the Bible the kingdom may be here before we know it. It is something to look forward to. Let's look at this prayer in it's entirety.

The Lord's Prayer is one of the most commonly memorized prayers of all time. It is found in Matthew 6:19-23 and it says " After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Say the prayer out loud to yourself in a 'non church' setting and think about what the words mean. I will paraphrase it in the 'Becky version' meaning no disrespect. "Hey daddy up in heaven. Your name is above all names and so great!! I am anxious for your kingdom to come as it is going to be so neat to live in a land without sin. Things have to happen here on the earth before you do decide to return so have your own way Lord and keep us patient and protect us while we wait. Thank you for providing enough food each day to sustain me. Sometimes I  am not very grateful for it. Sorry. Forgive me when I have hurt or offended someone. I want to be more Christlike. My desire is to forgive all people. I know when I am tempted to do wrong it is not from you and you have a way to escape if I would only read the Bible and know the truth. Protect us from the attacks of the enemy who is roaming around like a lion seeking who to destroy. Your kingdom is awesome, powerful and wonderful and has no end.  Amen!"

Romans 14:17 says "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."  Are you experiencing true joy in your life?  Are you peaceful? God can give you his joy and peace here on earth while you wait for the heavenly kingdom if only you would ask Him.  Romans 15:13 says "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Turn those difficult areas of your life over to Him and keep trusting and praying.

Why not let God be in the drivers seat so you can experience his true peace and joy and his kingdom here on earth?

PRAYER: Lord I want to do what pleases you. Many times I think I have given you the controls and let you handle things but I start stressing and freaking out and obviously have not given you total control. I want you to have total control Lord and I do not want the devil to gain a foothold in my life. I resist Him and want to walk with you.  In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment