Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

GOD IS OUR SHIELD

Think of a shield or a piece of body armor like the soldiers wear or policemen. What is its' function? To protect the person from getting killed basically.

There are numerous verses in the Bible talking about God being a shield to us. Psalm 3:3 says "But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head." Many examples are given of the fiery darts of Satan and how we are to put up our 'shield of faith' to protect us from the enemies attacks. The shield of faith is part of the 'armor of God' mentioned in Ephesians chapter 6 verses 10-17 which says "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Satan does throw fiery darts and temptations at us and we have to be alert and know the scriptures to claim to defeat Him. You have to keep up that shield of faith and be on your guard. Psalm 84:11 says "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

Psalm 28:7 says "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."  Genesis 15:1 says "After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward." 2 Samuel 22:3 says "my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent men you save me." God in fact should be your stronghold. He should have a 'strong hold' on your life  not allowing Satan a foothold to  put bad  'strongholds' in  your life which drag you down.

Will you allow God to be your shield? There is so much out in the world trying to distract you and 'take you down' so to speak. There are two forces, God and the devil. You are either walking with the Lord or you are borderline in being sucked into Satan's schemes and trickery. It is only through knowing God's word that we have the power to defeat the enemy. Get up each day and make sure your shield of faith is on so you can resist the attacks the enemy will throw at your throughout the day.

PRAYER: Father I thank you protecting me and I thank you for your word which lights my path and teaches me truth. The enemy will try to get me to believe lies and even tempt me with things I know will take me away from you or displease you. Lord I ask for your strength daily to resist the enemy using your shield of faith. In Jesus Name. Amen.


 Click on link for todays' praise song. Happy Sunday!


http://youtu.be/D9OT4vsZYoo

No comments:

Post a Comment