Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 7, 2011

BE PASSIONATE, NOT RELIGIOUS

Odd how we can get into conversations with people and mention God and they become uncomfortable.This happened to yours truly a few times in the past week. You are getting 'too religious' people may say. Others may be misinformed about the founding of America and say "all religions should be accepted. We are not just a Christian nation". Lies are out there and it is OK to do your Sunday thing but please do not dare try to 'get religious' in daily conversation.

It makes no sense at all. We are not here just occupying space. Many find the cross of Christ offensive and even well meaning so called 'church going' or 'Sunday Christians' may be more into their denomination than they are into Christ. Ask someone when they accepted Christ as their saviour and at times you may get the answer "I am a member of such and such church." Being a church member is fine, not in the Bible as the way to heaven by the way, but still a nice man made tradition.

If you say you are a believer do you truly love the Lord or are you ashamed of Him? "What are you talking about?" In Mark 8:38 it says "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Matthew 10:33 says something similar and that is "But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven." 1 Corinthians 1:18 says "For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Basically it boils down to  religion versus relationship. Many churches even do not encourage a passion for Jesus but more of a 'this is what you do today' and that is that. It becomes  more of a social thing to do. We cheer on our favorite football team but can't cheer for the Lord. It is very sad. If you are not following Christ you will believe any lies that Satan throws  your way because as it says in John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." Do you want that abundant life?We know more of what is in daily newspaper than what is in our Bible.

 Have you ever thought of  what your passion is? Let's say you are passionate for a certain sport like running. You love it so very much you get out there each and every day and run 3 to 6 miles. We need to be equipped to face the trials in the world that will cross our path. The Bible is our guidebook for life. If you do not have that type of excitement for Jesus ask Him to place it in your heart. You may need to get rid of some stuff or some friends that are keeping you from being closer to the Lord and find a good church that preaches God's word with power. Jesus is waiting and knocking. Why not let Him come in?

PRAYER: Lord I want to be excited about Jesus. I know sometimes my joy may slip but I need to keep my eyes on your and my thoughts focused on things above. Help me Lord to get rid of things taking away my passion for you and set me on the path that will bring me closer to you. In Jesus Name. Amen.


Note: take a moment when you can and listen to the following praise and worship song.
http://youtu.be/I17edLkBDCo

No comments:

Post a Comment