Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 21, 2011

DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD

Are you delighted by the Lord? I mean really truly excited to be in his presence and worship Him? As a believer we should want nothing more than to please God and be able to praise and worship him. This does not mean you check yourself into a monastery and do not do anything else but sit in church all day. But this means you truly want to live for the Lord and do things that bring you closer to Him. You go into the world but you are not 'of the world' so to speak.

Psalm 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Job 22:26 says "Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God." Job 27:10 says "Will he find delight in the Almighty? Will he call upon God at all times?"

When cares and worries are weighing you down look to the Lord for your strength and start praising him even in your storm. Psalm 94:19 says "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Isaiah 58:14 says "then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken."

Does Jesus bring delight to your soul? Call on Him today and seek His face. He can bring restoration and joy to your soul and cause you to be lifted up above the problems of life.

PRAYER: Dear Lord my delight is in you. My hope is in you. My strength is in you. I trust you Lord with all the problems and situations in life that often times seem hard to handle. Forgive me when I have let the cares of this world weigh me down. I want my delight to be in you all the days of my life. In Jesus name. Amen.

Once again I have included a worship song to bring peace to your weary heart and to hopefully lift your spirits up. Click on link.
http://youtu.be/rg89UOAftXM

No comments:

Post a Comment