Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 24, 2011

DON'T QUIT PRAYING

Something on your mind? Something weighing you down? Is the burden almost too hard to bear alone? You keep praying and crying out to God but it seems nothing is happening? At times like this you need God more than ever. You need to lean on Him as your strength. The enemy likes to drag us into a pit of despair and make us think all  hope is lost. But all hope is never lost. There will be a rainbow and a sunrise tomorrow so to speak. Like the song from the musical 'Annie', where it says 'the sun will come out tomorrrow' and IT WILL!

What is weighing on you today? First and foremost get on your knees and call out to Jesus. Psalm 50:15 says "and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Jeremiah 32:7 says "am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" Luke 18:1 tells us we should "pray and never give up".

God is working in your life. Remember what it says in Romans 8:31 "If God be for us who can be against us?"  When things do not seem like they are happening you have to walk by faith and not by sight and feelings.(See 2 Corinthians 5:7).  Trust God to deliver you and get you out of your valley.

Men may turn their backs on you, All hope may seem lost but that is a lie from the pit of hell. There is always hope with Jesus. It is Satan who brings confusion, doubt, turmoil, fear, anger, bitterness, doubt, wrong thinking and a host of other bad things. Make up your mind whatever happens in your life or the world around you you will not be moved. Keep looking to God and let your roots go down deep in Jesus. Stay in the word of God for it is through the Bible you will find strength for each day. Do not let the things around you determine how you feel.

Keep thinking on good things and positive things and do not let Satan get you off track and make you feel hopeless. God loves you no matter what! Men may fail you but God will never fail you.  All things are possible for those who believe.(See Mark 9:23). Keep your eyes on Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord I pray sometimes but when an answer does not come I get discouraged. Lord help me to hang on to the hope you give and know that things will not stay dark. There will be a new day and a new rainbow and you will take care of me and the situation I am encountering. Father I thank you for the word of God which is my source of strength and hope. Help me put it first in my day and stay on my knees. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Note: once again there is a wonderful worship song appropriate for this devotion to listen to. Take the time to listen and worship God. Click on link below.
http://youtu.be/jX-_wJjfnRo

No comments:

Post a Comment