Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

STARVED FOR THE BIBLE

Do you hunger for God's word? I would say a good majority of people do not even pick up their Bible in the morning or at night for that matter and have no clue the power within its' pages. I have no proof but it is a good guess. Satan would like to keep it that way. Once we are knowledgeable of the word of God and what is contains Satan will have to flee. He does not want us having the victory and power that is within its' inspired pages.

There are many countries where being a Christian and having the word of God can get you jailed or killed. We have thankfully not reached that point yet in this country.   Do not take your Bible for granted. Many nations are not allowed the Bible. When we have leaders who do not acknowledge the supremacy of the almighty God and in fact make laws against things in the Bible it is a frightening thing. God is not to be mocked. The Bible was the authority for the founding of this great unique nation. Slowly mankind and evil forces who know it's power try to get it removed. They make laws against it and approve things as okay and normal that are clearly sins in the eyes of God.
Government elected leaders need to be starting their day thanking the Lord for the ability to lead. There is more to being a Christian than simply ending a speech with the words 'God bless America!'  Pray for our leaders to turn to Him for guidance. Can you imagine what would happen if the Congress, Senate, Judicial Branch and President started their day on their knees sincerely crying out to God and asking God to make them a serve?? Now that would be power! Our Founding Fathers always referred to the Bible for guidance.


There is a verse in the Old Testament that mentions in latter days there will be a famine for  the word. Amos 8:11 says ""The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land--not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD."   Imagine that if you will. The Bible, so readily available now, would not be able to be found. If you have not hidden God's word in your heart you will have no strength or power for these times . Sort of reminds me of the theme of the secular movie 'The Book of Eli' where there was only one copy of 'the book' left and Denzel Washington's character was entrusted with getting it to a place where it could once again be printed.

I love going into a hotel or motel room and opening the bedside table and finding the Gideon's have placed a Bible there. A couple of 'high end' hotels though, which I will not name in this devotion, made a business decision to not place these scriptures in their hotel chains. Very sad because Gideon's gives  them for free. These Bibles help the weary traveler have power and deal with situations in their life. They have power and threaten those who want to do evil.

Psalm 119:11 says "thy word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:16 further says "I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Proverbs 18:10 says "The word of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe."

Matthew 5:6 says "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." My hope is you will get hungry for God and His word. Be prepared to know it and draw on it for strength as a famine is coming.

PRAYER: Father God I want more of you in my life. I want the power to live life victoriously and I know it is found in the Bible. Help me Lord as I rearrange my schedule to make room for you in my life so I have power to stand up against the attacks on the enemy. In Jesus name, amen!

When you have time listen to the following praise song by artist Jeff Deyo
http://youtu.be/6Jo3y_XoHHQ
Further reading: Nehemiah 8:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment