Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

THE MISSING CROSS

Yesterday when driving home from all my errands I noticed that a palm branch cross I had had in my car window by the drivers side for almost 4 years was missing. This may seem like no big deal but to me it was a huge deal. This cross symbolized a time in my life I was in turmoil and God sort of 'gave it to me' as a way to have peace. I will explain in a moment. But what had happened is I had my oil changed and somehow someone had removed it from my dashboard whether on purpose or accident I do not know nor does it matter. While sitting at a stop light a little over  an hour later I noticed it was missing. Thankfully the car dealer was still open where I had my oil changed and I told him what happened  and he was able to find it.

Now about the cross and why this particular one was a sign to help me through my struggles. I was going through something a few years back and was coming out of the Redstone Arsenal Family Clinic when I looked down by my car door and there in a puddle next to my car door I found this cross. Some would say just a coincidence but I beg to differ. I saw this as a way God was speaking to me to tell me to not worry that what I was going through would be okay and things would work out. Ever since that day when I found the cross I have kept it on my car dash board on the drivers side. Once before it had been broken at this same dealership and I put it back together but this time it was flat out missing. I mean maybe someone needed it to find peace, who knows.No accusations went out. Maybe the person needed it more than me who knows. I just looked at this occurrence  as an opportunity to write a devotion about it.
We can become attached to things but this cross was very special. First the cross of Jesus is very special. Many people wear them around their necks perhaps as a fashion statement or others because of what they mean. So the cross of Jesus is very special.Many hate the cross and try to get them taken down and destroyed.  Finding this cross in a puddle while I was in turmoil over a situation is just what I needed as a way to hear from God. God can speak to us through people, through His word or through crosses laying in puddles in a parking lot.

The cross is a symbol of salvation. I have heard it said "the ground is level at the foot of the cross" which to me means all of us come to the Cross of Jesus and we are not treated more special because of who we are or what we did or did not do. God is an equal opportunity God. He has mercy and grace to forgive. He is a God of comfort.

Isaiah 43:2 says "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

I was so thankful yesterday to have this happen as I think God wanted this story to be told. When I shared it with two people at the car dealer they looked at me funny like 'yeah ,whatever  lady". But I do not apologize for I do in fact feel this was God speaking to me.


PRAYER: I thank you Lord for the little ways you speak to us each day and get our attention. I thank you for the ways you comfort when we are going through a tough spot in life. You are there for us. Father help us look to you for our strength and deliverance. In Jesus Name. Amen.

NOTE: Once again I include below an appropriate praise and worship song for you to listen to when you able.


http://youtu.be/7cEmlYax8sw

No comments:

Post a Comment