Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

GOD IS WORKING


Do you ever feel God has abandoned you? Maybe you feel alone, confused and afraid. First God is always with you no matter what even though you can not physically see Him. Feelings of discouragement, sadness, displeasure and all other negative feelings to include self imposed pity parties are brought on mainly by taking the focus off Christ and putting them on perceived problems or your self. Satan likes to keep us distracted as then we are not focused on praising Jesus and being thankful for so many things in life. We can get down in the dumps and things in life may be chaotic but God gets you  through all things and works things out for the good. Romans 8:28 says "All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."

Deuteronomy 31:8 says to those who are discouraged "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” The thing is when you start feeling the 'blues' over something or feel like you can not take something any longer, just hang on. There are trials and tests in life and God is always right around the corner.

Psalm 66:16-20 tells us "Come and hear, all who fear God, And I will tell of what He has done for my soul.  I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue.  If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear; But certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer.  Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His loving kindness from me."

Many things in life can stress us out and make us want to quit, but hang on, as God has good things for you. The late Evangelist Oral Roberts used to say "Something good is going to happen to you today!" Believe it, and stop letting the enemy put bad thoughts in your head. Fight the urge to think negative. In Hebrews 13:5 it tells us "He will never leave us nor forsake us."

Psalm 62:1-2 says "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."  Philippians 2:13 encourages us with these words "for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." 1 Peter 1:6-7 says "In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Today harden not your heart from the Lord. He loves you and can get you on the other side of anything bad that is going on in life. Remember your real home is in heaven if you know Jesus as your saviour.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you for being there. I thank you for your word in the Holy Bible that I can read to gain strength and hope. Help me to get strong in the Lord so I can help keep others strong. Forgive me when I have not 'set my mind on you' and have allowed the cares of this world to overwhelm me. In Jesus name,amen!

Note:Enjoy a wonderful praise and worship song that goes along with this subject. Be blessed! Click on link below. Turn up speakers. If the first link does not work well same song but different video is below that. The song is called 'Overcome'.

http://youtu.be/dRAQ7XCJefQ

http://youtu.be/zJvqQjaz87I


No comments:

Post a Comment