Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 15, 2011

LET THE WORD CHANGE YOU

Yesterday the devotion subject was about the renewing of our minds. It was pointed out that a good way to do this 'renewal' is to stay in God's word.  This week I have been blessed to be at a powerful worship experience called 'Word Explosion' being held in Tulsa, Oklahoma at Victory Christian Center. We have learned how powerful and mighty the word of God is and how Satan would do anything to get you to not know it or read it.There is power in the mighty word of God.

Last night while starting to write today's devotion I had finished  a good portion of it and guess what? Poof, off it goes from my computer screen,out into cyberspace. I see this as spiritual warfare. The enemy does not want me sharing God's word with my Facebook friends, blogspot friends, and others. It is powerful. Hebrews 4:12 says " the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Too many churches do not encourage getting into the word. Through the word you can have victory over so many problems in your life. To have victory and walk with Jesus you need to do more than just getting out one hour on Sunday, punching your 'church ticket' and thinking, "well that is that for another week".

Proverbs 18:20 says "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Isaiah 55:11 says "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." There is power when you speak the word of God out loud. Satan has to tremble at the sound of Jesus name.

You can not possibly read the Bible sincerely each day and not have it make an impact on your life. Romans 10:17 says "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ". God's word is relevant for today in any situation or sin you find yourself caught up in. The answers are right there in the uncompromising word of God.Psalm 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

Colossians 3:16 says "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." The word has the power to heal, set free, transform, uplift, and much more. 1 Thessalonians 2:13 says "And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe." The word of God is called the 'sword of the spirit' in Ephesians 6:10-17. It is a piece of the 'armor of God' we should 'put on' daily to combat the attacks from the enemy.

The mighty word of God contains many promises that can set you free and give you hope for your life. It can help you fight the battles in your path and combat the lies the enemy will throw at you. I challenge you this day to start in the Psalms and read a chapter each day if possible. Read it out loud too if you can. Claim God's promises in His word out loud such as Philippians 4:19 which says "My God shall supply all my needs through his riches in glory in Christ Jesus". Say it out loud and believe it. For more on God's promises just go to a search engine like Bing or google and search for 'God's promises".

Choose today to start a habit of learning what the Bible says and having a hunger for His word. It will transform your life.

PRAYER: Lord it is my desire to know your word better and to claim its' promises for my life. When the enemy tries to come and confuse me I can speak your word out loud and tell him to flee in the mighty name of Jesus. I do not have to be weak and scared because your word is where I get my strength. Help me as I seek to lead a life pleasing to you learning the truths in the word of God. In Jesus Name. Amen.


NOTE: I have included a link to the events at Victory Christian Center and a praise and worship song.
https://www.victory.com/events

http://youtu.be/2SLHWFpSlq4

No comments:

Post a Comment