Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I SURRENDER ALL

Do you really? This song is melodiously sung "I surrender all, I surrender all, All to Jesus I surrender , I surrender all." Nicely sung in church but when you are done and go home and all things go haywire in life do you remember the words of the song you just sang?  Sometimes it is hard to totally surrender and is a spiritual discipline. You might have some pretty dicey stuff going on in your life or that of a family member. But still the Lord wants us to give us his cares. In the world today there is much uncertainty even though we know God is behind the scenes and is ultimately in control it can be difficult if not impossible for some to let go and let God have the controls. It is easy to surrender in church with all the praise music around us. But real life starts when you walk out the church door and that is when you are tested.

We seem to like to control everything in our lives so it is sometimes hard when we feel a lack of control. If you have prayed , you are supposed to let it go and rest in God. I know this is one I struggle with and have not completely received victory in as of yet. You have prayed and given something over to God so why go 'fishing' and try to take it back. 1 Peter 5:7 says to "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you." "I know, I know but can't you see what is happening Lord?"  "Yes child I can see but I know the 'rest of the story'" as the late Paul Harvey used to say on radio.

Proverbs 3:5-6 has always been a favorite passage of mine and it says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

John 16:33 says " I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  This is comforting to know that God overcomes all the junk we are going through now and he will have the victory and so will you if you follow Him.

So what are you struggling with today and can not seem to let go of? Let God be your pilot, not your co -pilot and trust Him to get you safely to your destination in life and take care of the things that look so big in your life.

PRAYER: Today Lord I want to fully surrender my life to you and the situations I worry about daily. I know you love me and you care about what I am going through. I know nothing happens that you can not take care of in your time. I trust you in the good times and in the storms. Give me strength to not cave in to the temptations to worry. In Jesus Name. Amen.

NOTE: Take time to listen to this song "Cry out to Jesus" by Third Day. Really listen to what it's words say. Be blessed to be a blessing.
http://youtu.be/S-WwrL5jCSM

No comments:

Post a Comment