Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

CHILL OUT...GIVE GOD YOUR WORRIES



Seems to me one of the biggest problems most people have is to learn how to stop worrying. I struggle with it I know and most people I know do. Sometimes we may be doing pretty good and we say we have given God the controls and then poof, out of nowhere, a 'test' comes to see how much we have learned to give our problems over to God. It could be a host of things. For the purpose of this writing let's say it is an issue at work. You have been told you need to come talk to the boss. Your mind starts racing. Will I be let go? What have I done wrong? Wonder what he wants to talk to me about? You get the idea. It may be nothing but our mind makes us think of the worse case scenario then the 'what ifs' set in again. In the following paragraph are a few Bible verses that you should try reading out loud and believing in your heart. Once again remember who it is that brings worry upon you. It is not from God I will tell you that. Right then and there you start to lose your peace and composure. Satan wants to get you 'disabled' so you take your eyes off Jesus. Do not allow it to happen. Resist the urge to worry.

Tell Satan to take a hike and tell him you are a child of God covered by the blood of Jesus then read the following verses. Psalm 118:6 says "The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Romans 8:31 "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" In Hebrews 13:6  it says "So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Psalm 23:4 says "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 27:1 says "The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 56:4 says "In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:11 says "in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Isaiah 51:12 says "I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass". Isaiah 26:3 says "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast,  because they trust in you."  2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." John 16:33 says "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." James 1:3 tells us "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."

So no matter if it is a work situation or something like worry about the future in general remember God wants you to cast your cares on Him. (See 1 Peter 5:7). Start praising Jesus and trusting Him to see you through.

PRAYER: Father forgive me when I fret over things I can do nothing about. I want to completely trust you. I know you are in control and have a plan for my life. Help me let go and let you take my problems. In Jesus Name. Amen.

NOTE: Now it is time for some good praise music. Listen to the following song. It is sure to lift your spirits. Enjoy and be blessed!Click on link.

http://youtu.be/OJFPOAPUcBo

No comments:

Post a Comment