Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

OFF THE DEEP END AND I DON'T MEAN IN A SWIMMING POOL

 Do you ever feel you have lost control? You feel like things are going crazy and you have messed up or, as the saying goes, you feel like you have 'gone off the deep end'? Not in a sense of being crazy and committed to a mental hospital but just to the point you rush through things, rush to judgement, jump to conclusions and often do not think things through and make dopey errors which you later regret? Do you get hopeless and do not know where to turn? We probably have all been there at some point.

If we would just stop and not let our emotions rule us and think before we open our mouths then we would be better off. The topic of our mouth is ever present because as it says in James Chapter 3 "no man can tame the tongue". That is so true. It is quite easy to overreact and assume things and say something or do something you will regret. When we act on impulse  we often get into trouble. Patience is required to keep you from going 'off the deep end'.

God wants us to have peace in the midst of chaos. John 14:27 says "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  Some times you just need to stop what you are doing and take a 'peace break'. Even the busiest person can make time to sit and talk to God. Take a cleansing breath. Psalm 46:10 says “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” God wants you to rest, reflect, and renew. Do not get yourself in a frenzy. Make time today to be alone with Him.

What is troubling you today? Give it to God. He wants you to have a calm spirit and trust Him.

PRAYER: Today and every day Lord I want to be able to pause and thank you for who you are. I thank you for the good and for the bad as they have formed me and shaped me. Thank you for where you have me in life. I desire to be still at times and learn to reflect on the things you have done for me. Help me today Lord to not let my day make me crazy but to get alone and make time for you. I give you my cares today and ask Lord that you help me let your light shine out to others who may be going through chaos. In Jesus name. Amen.


Turn up your speakers and be blessed with this wonderful song!
http://youtu.be/3tIcfsewDb0

No comments:

Post a Comment