Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Spiritual Drought



“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:1-2

For many of you it has been a very hot summer and in some areas even a drought may be in progress. A drought occurs when no rainfall occurs and things dry up. 

Is there a drought in your spiritual life? Maybe you have struggled thinking you had to plug in to a denominational church like you grew up with but really it is just a formality and perhaps you feel dried up and not really excited spiritually. 

The way to end a spiritual drought is to ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit and then get into the word. Download the You Version Bible app which has many good studies and growth tools on it. The key is to seek God first and foremost not making him an afterthought. 

PRAYER:Lord I know I need to put you first in my life so I don’t lose the desire to grow spiritually. Help me get rid of any distractions which cause me to stumble. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment