Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Pursue Peace, Not Social Media

 


Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:10-11 ESV
A baby boomer friend and I were chatting one day talking about anyone 35 and under having no clue what life is like or was like prior to screens emerging and captivating nearly every waking moment. I know the devices we carry seem essential but that is only because society has been shaped that way. 

What is your typical day like? I am guilty of it too thinking I had to pick up what I laughingly call ‘People Magazine’ on steroids. Is your life any better after grazing and getting everyone’s vacation and personal info?

I challenge you today to wake up and use your device for devotions or on your Bible App but then really try to put it down for a while. The other day I failed to look at messages but life went on. Give yourself a refreshing break and turn to God not social media. Your life will be more peaceful. 

PRAYER: Lord help me to guard my heart and my mind by guarding my precious free time and not dive into social media. Teach me to be still. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I gave up my electronic tablet for Lent. 40 days without Classic Words (similar to Scrabble). Now, I can take it or leave it. However, I need to monitor myself about it again, but I did it once, I can do it again.

    ReplyDelete