Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I'm Not Perfect

 


Better is a dinner of vegetables and herbs where love is present Than a fattened ox served with hatred.Proverbs 15:17

So do you experience the Martha and Mary kind of stress(see Luke Chapter 10)when it comes to wanting to invite friends into your home? Maybe this comes from how you were raised or concerns you don’t measure up. 

Your home is the one place people should feel comfortable. I know after moving I had some tours of neighbors homes when invited over where everything was in place almost like a magazine photo shoot. I thought to myself, that’s not me but why let that keep you from having people over? 

Do yourself a favor. Try to set up a time to have some friends come into your home. This is my assignment more than anyone else. Be thankful and blessed to have friends. The menu is not important. Be yourself and be hospitable. 

PRAYER: I am grateful father that my mom taught me to cook but that doesn’t mean I have to be like Food TV or Martha Stewart in order to invite friends over. I pray for anyone struggling with this area. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment