Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

I Be Cool Man!

 


He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock. and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2

As I sat recently outside in the sunshine at a coffee shop writing I watched people going up and down the street with big hats, sunglasses, riding bikes, one lady pushing a stroller with a small dog and all of them looking 'together'.. But how many of those ‘together’ people really have a deep void and ache in their life that only Jesus can fill? 

Probably many of us have been guilty of trying to look ‘cool’ my goodness that is how social media thrives. Putting forth a best perfect image maybe making others feel inadequate. Look at Hollywood and Los Angeles and all the celebrities vying for the eye of the camera but many perplexed by paparazzi chasing them. 

Where are you at my friend? Do you have days you feel not good enough because you are trying to fit an image? If so why does it matter in the big scheme of things? ‘Be yourself everyone else is taken’ is a sign I have in my lady cave aka laundry room. Let’s try to ask God to help us strive for His image and only His. 

PRAYER: Father help me to remember to rise daily thanksful and content because there are many hurting insecure people around me. Often times I feel insecure. Guard my heart to not cave in to the worlds image and help me strive for a Christ like persona. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment